Wednesday, September 9, 2015

IRB #1 Intro

For my first IRB of the year, I have chosen to read Hole in my Life, by Jack Gantos. This story initially grabbed my attention due to the fact that it is a memoir, and focuses around real and extremely unique life experiences written through the eyes of Gantos himself. At the time of this book, in 1971, Gantos was finishing up his last year of high school, and searching for ways in which to pursue his hobbies and aspirations. I feel as though this storyline and his journey will enable me to easily connect with the book. I am beginning to search for the correct direction for my future as well, and think that it can set as a model for the types of decisions that I should and should not make. After scanning several reviews and book summaries I am highly interested in starting this book and seeing how the plot unravels. It has been awarded as a Robert F. Sibert Honor Book and is highly credited by many readers. I have a strong belief that I will thoroughly enjoy reading a Hole in my Life and look forward to writing more about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment