Tuesday, November 10, 2015

IRB #2 Intro

For my second IRB of the year, I have chosen to read She Said Yes. This memoir, written through the eyes of Misty Bernall, focuses around the death of her daughter Cassie Bernall, a student at Columbine High School. As a prominent event in American history, the Columbine shootings marked a major change in the ways in which society viewed teens and the protections that should be placed on weapons. This book attracted me based on the fact that I already have slide knowledge of this event, but I am interested in learning more about it from a closer source. I think that this story will be incredibly powerful and moving, since it revolves around the death of a very special girl and the courage that she had against two dangerous shooters. This book received the 2000 Christopher Award and several complimentary reviews from a variety of companies, such as New York Post and People Magazine. I am curious to begin this book and unravel more information on exactly what happened during the Columbine High School massacre.


No comments:

Post a Comment